Thanks to Jennifer Lunden for this list: essays by MEN that blend issues of health and the environment, a companion post to her earlier list of women. Please add your suggestions in the comments below!
- Edward Hoagland, “In the Country of the Blind”
- Ben Quick, “Agent Orange: A Chapter from History That Just Won’t End,” Orion.
- Alan Weisman, “Polymers Are Forever, Orion.
- Bill Sherwonit, “Tracking Toxics,” Orion.
- Peter Hessler, “The Uranium Widows,” New Yorker, September 13, 2010.
- Alan Weisman, Echo in My Blood
- Carl Safina, The View from Lazy Point